Thursday, May 24, 2007

Program Interrupted
Three days since my last post. Well, I could have told you so... There was a certain danger to starting this blog before all the season finales aired. DVRs let you create a mist of illusion around TV watching, making you feel strong and in control. But when you consciously clear the decks to watch all your favorite shows in real time for the final episodes, it becomes startlingly clear that you watch way more TV than you thought you did! In the past couple weeks, the book has closed on Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol, Lost, Gray's Anatomy, and ER (at least till the new seasons begin). That's a whole lotta TV. With all this new free time, I better have a really clean house!

A stitch in time
I had to put the shell bag down for a while. Way too hard on my hands, and I have decreased to the point that I need my #8 double-points. I only wish I knew where they were! For respite, I have gone back to Sock No. 2 of Nancy Bush's Heelless Sleeping Socks, in Socks That Rock, color ??? (the ball band quite likely ran away with my#8 DPNs). These socks have a bit of a story and are the first pair I have knit "just for me." More when they are finished. In the meantime, here's an in-progress shot:



(if anyone recognizes the color, please let me know!)

No comments: